[nabs-l] AIM question

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Wed Oct 29 02:07:32 UTC 2008

Hi guys

This question is to anybody who uses AIM, no matter what version.  I have a deaf-blind friend who is away at a program similar to LCB, but for deaf-blind people.  He uses AIM there.  To confuse things just a little, his screen name is also set to sign on automatically on the computer he and his parents use at their house.  Is it possible for my friend to be on AIM but idle and his mom to be using the computer at the house with his screen name on it at the same time?  If yes, is there a way to know when Mom has signed off AIM and if the screen name is truely "available" or idle?

Thanks,
Serena