[nabs-l] Help with PowerPoint everyone,

Maria Kristic maria.kristic at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 19:39:24 UTC 2008

To review a PowerPoint, I move in to the text box as if I'm going to edit
it. So, if I open a presentation in PowerPoint 2003 with the Slide
Thumbnails area active, I hit F6 to move to the Slide Area. I'm focused on
the first slide by default, so I TAB until JAWS has indicated that I'm in a
text box of some sort or in the body placeholder, and if I hear that it has
text because JAWS begins to read it, I hit CTRL to silence JAWS, then hit
ENTER to move in to the body/text area as if I'm going to edit it. I can now
move character by character or however I like. When I'm done, I hit ESC,
then TAB over to any other text areas and do the same, or hit PAGE DOWN to
move to the next slide while in the Slide area.

I've also used JAWS to independently create PPT presentations, and, like
Arielle, I just had a sighted person help me deal with picture insertion in
terms of making sure that the positioning was good and such.

HTH,
Maria
Skype: MariaKristic
AIM: MCKristic