[nabs-l] November 08 on-line training seminars

Connie Leblond connie at atechcenter.net
Thu Oct 30 19:58:20 UTC 2008

Please share the following announcement with others who may be interested.

ASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY CENTER LLC

November 2008 On-Line Training Schedule

Following  is a list of online training sessions to  be conducted by
ATC.  If you have never visited our on-classroom or purchased one of
our training tutorials, you may want to review the following
information.  All on-line group sessions are provided at a minimal
charge of $75. per person.  Registration is required for
participation and payment can be made by either Visa or Master
Card.  After you register, you will receive a detailed e-mail with
web site and password details.  Our contact information is noted
below.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.

Toll Free:  888-723-5011 Ext. 3

November Seminars at ATC:

Thursday, November 6, 2008

1:30 to 3:30 PM. PST

Zip me up, please:

   Zip files are great for sending large files over the internet,

for storage, and backup. This seminar will discuss creating and
extracting files in the .zip and .rar formats.  Downloading zipped
files, using Winzip,  PK Zip for Windows and Secure Zip will be
discussed, as well as using Windows compressed folder view.  This
seminar will also cover creating self extracting executable files.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

1:30 to 3:30 Pm PST

Victor, is that you?

The Victor Reader Stream is the hottest new portable reading

and recording device for the blind and visually impaired on the
market today.  This

seminar will show you how to transfer files between the Victor and
your computer,

how to read and record, how to navigate the Library of Congress
website to download

books to your Victor Reader, and how to properly set up the NLS
encryption key so

that you can access those books.  Additionally, we will discuss using
the Victor

Reader Stream with Audible.com and System Access.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

1:30 to 3:30 PM PST

Leap of Faith:

   This is a different type of seminar for us.  Participants will learn

how to keep their computers safe from inappropriate
content.  Furthermore, we will

discuss sites and software that is available as Bible Study and
Prayer Request tools.

A portion of this seminar will be set aside to talk about how you or
your church

can maximize your impact through use of the internet.

Please note that all new ATC seminars will be conducted using Skype,
so if you are

not online, we can call you, and you may participate via phone.

Assistive Technology Center LLC

Contact: Connie Leblond

In <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Sacramento:  916-381-5011 Ext. 3

Toll Free:  888-723-5011 Ext. 3

<http://www.atechcenter.net/>www.atechcenter.net

5330 Power Inn Rd. Suite F

Sacramento, CA. 95820