[nabs-l] Business Statistics

Len Burns len at gatamundo.com
Wed Apr 1 09:06:25 UTC 2009

Hi All,

I am not terribly active on this list, but I sure appreciate the your
collective wisdom.  I will be starting the first of two quarters of
business stats in a week or so, and want to run by you how I intend to
succeed in this class.  I think I have it under pretty good control, but
would love to hear thoughts and suggestions.

I have the book in an electronic format, in this case Word.  This I know
will be minimally useful, since so much of this class will be graphs and
curves.  Knowing this well in advance, I got funding for somebody to
work with me one on one, and for a note taker in class to copy solutions
off the board.  The person who will be assisting me is a masters student
in economics, and has extensive background in business stats.  He will
reproduce any necessary graphs in a raised line format, and help me
sort through the extensive information captured by my note taker.  He
will also assist with the mid term and final.

I am fluent in literary braille, but it has been more years than you
want to know since I messed with math.  So, I will be learning as much
as necessary to get done what my class requires.  Any good references
for the current rendition of Nemeth would be very appreciated.  I was
smart enough this quarter to take only one class that is highly visual.
  Last quarter I had two of them and it was horrific, never again if I
can help it.

Best,
-Len

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 3979 (20090331) __________