[nabs-l] mobility & crutches

Jason Mandarino blind.subscriber at gmail.com
Fri Apr 3 20:46:56 UTC 2009

Well I finally get to embrace on of my few fears. I am completely blind and
will be having knee surgery this coming Monday morning.

Thankfully this next week is my Spring break, but I am required to be on
crutches for two. I am curious if there are any mobility tricks that could
be suggested, as I have been on crutches previously but could not think of
anything.

I find them to be quite annoying, as I simply imagine myself as wearing an
invisible leash, while I coordinate dozens of friends or classmates to help
me from one location to another. Although it is affective, it is very
cumbersome and annoying.

I would appreciate any tips you guys might have,

Mandarino,