[nabs-l] Accommedations Letter to Professors

Bill cassonw at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 05:02:08 UTC 2009

Hi,
I think there is a significant likely difference in the two cases.  I think
that being a blind person you probably have more accomidations then the
person in the wheel chair.  Here the letters are not of introduction but
rather of the accomidations you require.  Obviously if you have none i see
no reason to bother with the letter.  I think the letters make it more
likely that professors will cooperate with requests when they have the DSS
office tell them they need to do something.  You might just chat and if the
professor is being unaccomidating, ask the DSS person to send them a
letter.  I personally like the letters so when i tell the professor i need
this, they already know how it is supposed to work and i don't have to
explain the legistics.
Bill