[nabs-l] Sustaining a student division in a rural state

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sat Apr 18 03:12:18 UTC 2009

Jim,

These are all good questions. I have a similar problem in Washington in
that our affiliate is mostly comprised of older people who are not
students, and our student membership is quite scant and spread out. It
does indeed make sense to alter the constitution to apply to your
situation. consider having a President, a VP, a Secretary/Treasurer
officer, and two board members. That way, you have a little more wiggle
room. Also, as much as it can really suck in the short run, you as
President may need to make decisions for your entire group to benefit
them in the long-run, particularly if your other members seem somewhat
unresponsive. Luckily, having a small group means better communication.
To bridge the distance, consider conference calling or Skyping. Either
option works well. Good luck.