[nabs-l] On-line "get a job" seminar

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 19:42:01 UTC 2009

Hello,
Many peole keep mentioning that there will be an employment seminar at the national convention. They seem to be missing the point of a web seminar. Not all (do I dare say most?) blind people will be unable to go to the national convention due to schedule conflicts, family commitments, financial issues, or they simply have no interest in going to Detroit in mid-summer.

 I'm sure a web seminar would run counter to the NFB's stratagy of offering the employment seminar as an attraction drawing people to the national convention; to that I say "so what?". What a web seminar would do is provide everyone access to the necisary information; not just those who can afford to attend the convention.

Unfourtunatly, I have no skills or knowledge in disability law, nor do I have any knowledge on how to put on a web seminar. Hopefully someone with more knowledge or experience within these realms will take this idea and run with it. I would be willing to help, but I'm afraid I would be of little use.

Jim

"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."