[nabs-l] "Blindness" vs. "Disability" a philosophical question?

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 23 19:25:43 UTC 2009

Hey all,
Now that some of you had your chance to chime in, I will not throw out my 2 cents. I prefer the term "blind" over "disabled" because it is more specific. Coming from a science background, everything is based on specificity. I dont want people guessing as to what may be wrong with me, I'd rather they just know it straight away.

Secondly, there is a certian negitive conotation that I associate with the term "disabled" If you break the word down dis = not, therefore "disability" literaly means not able. "Blindness", on the other hand does not have an inherently positive or negitive vibe to it.

Theres my 2 cents..........Hey we are in a depression/ressession, GIVE ME MY TWO CENTS BACK!!!
Jim
"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."