[nabs-l] Pedestrian safety improvement act

Linda Stover liamskitten at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 22:50:30 UTC 2009

Jim,

There is nothing in this act hindering the development of this
technology.  All that we are asking is that a small device be
installed in the car so that when it is running on a battery, it will
make enough noise to be heard.

I, too, do not want to hinder the progress of society, and I, too, am
an environmentalist,, but I also do not want to endanger my own
safety.  Without these devices, as hybrids become more prevalent, it
will be extremely difficult for blind pedestrians to travel
independtly and be safe while doing so.
Just offering an alternative perspective.
Courtney