[nabs-l] studying abroad advise

Haben Girma habnkid at aol.com
Sat Apr 25 04:10:38 UTC 2009

Serena, I know what you mean about internationals. It's a
generalization, so not true for everyone, but it does seem to be the
case that people from other countries, especially from the Third World,
have a stronger sense of social responsibility. Grandparents are usually
taken care of by their children rather than sent to retirement homes in
the Third World. Also, the elderly are respected for being experienced
and wise, rather than being scorned for their old-fashion ways as they
sometimes are in America. Those are generalizations, again, and just the
tip of the iceberg of why International students tend to be more willing
to help.

Haben