[nabs-l] GRE prep

Jim Reed jim275_2 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 26 19:01:18 UTC 2009

Hello,
In response to whomever wrote the message to call Kaplan to secure test accomidations, you are wrong; you may wish to call Kaplan for accessable prep materials, but not for testing accomidations.  Kaplan is the company that produces the prep books and prep classes for the GRE. The company that writes/distributes the actual  test is Educational Testing Service (ETS). That is who checks must be made out to when paying for the GRE. To the best of my knowledge, Kaplan and ETS do not work together; there was something in my Kaplan prep book inviting students who have taken the exam to report back to Kaplan, thus Kaplan can monitor changes in the GRE, and put out the most accurate review materials possible. If I can be of any furthwer assistance regarding GRe/GRE prep, please let me know.

Here is the correct contact info you need:

GRE home page:

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuitem.fab2360b1645a1de9b3a0779f1751509/?vgnextoid=b195e3b5f64f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD

 GRE prep page (including full length practice exam)

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuitem.1488512ecfd5b8849a77b13bc3921509/?vgnextoid=302b66f22c6a5010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD&vgnextchannel=d687e3b5f64f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD

GRE disability accomidations web page:

http://www.ets.org/portal/site/ets/menuitem.1488512ecfd5b8849a77b13bc3921509/?vgnextoid=e7edb17a180f7110VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD&vgnextchannel=3a6946f1674f4010VgnVCM10000022f95190RCRD

Other contact info for the ETS accomidations department
Contacting ETS Disability Services Monday-Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. New York time Phone: 1-609-771-7780
 1-866-387-8602 (toll free for test takers in the United States, U.S. Territories* and Canada) E-mail: stassd at ets.org TTY: 1-609-771-7714 Fax: 1-609-771-7165 Mail:ETS Disability ServicePO Box 6054Princeton, NJ 08541–6054I hope this helps
Jim
"Ignorance killed the cat; curiosity was framed."