[nabs-l] Studying Abroad

Christina Mitchell cnaylor073 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 00:21:37 UTC 2009

--
Christina
I'll say that this whole thing is stupid.  They should just let
Priscilla  go alone and enjoy herself because this is a good
experience for her.  If necessary she could use the students in the
trip for assistance.  I'm sure that if they see that she needs
assistance in going from place to place, I'm pretty sure they would
turn around and lend her a hand.  They're not going to just leave her
stranded like that.  Even if she takes her mother or a friend,
something could still happen.  Nobody can always prevent an accident.
I don't understand the school's point here.  Like someone has said,
this is discrimination and it's an issue that should be dealt with.
People get sued almost every day for liability issues so I don't see
why this is any different.  And even if Priscilla takes a year off and
goes to the nfb's training centers for training, this liability issue
would still be in the way.  What if she gets a job somewhere and she
has to go to an unfamiliar place to complete her job?  What would the
boss say, that she has to bring somebody with her to the work place?
I certainly hope not.  Just my 2 sense here.