[nabs-l] Swine flu outbreak and national convention

Antonio Guimaraes aguimaraes at nbp.org
Mon Apr 27 20:03:29 UTC 2009

Scary times for sure, but either the swine flue will be affecting millions
by July, and we'll cancel convention, and think about survival, or it will
have run it's course, as Pete Donahue said.

I was at convention general session in 2004, and a huge thunder stopped
Maurer in his tracks. In 2005 London subways were attacked.

The bird flue epidemic was serious, and pointed to the fact that we are very
vulnerable, and not "immune" to all malities.

If something is going to happen, it's going to happen, and the national
office will react accordingly. For now, follow the news for the health
threat this really is, but don't worry your blind little hearts out, please!

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr.

National Braille Press
1800 548-read, ext 20.
aguimaraes at nbp.org