[nabs-l] Study abroad advise

priscilla priscillagarces1987 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 19:43:39 UTC 2009

hello,
I really appreciate your advice for the future if I ever decide to go abroad
with a group.
Unfortunately the trip to Europe has been canceled due to the effects of the
economic crisis.
the economic crisis has taken a toll on the school because most of the study
abroad trips are being canceled due to lack of funds.
I was very upset at first when I realized that the trip was canceled because
that was my last chance to study abroad since I will graduate next year.
when I spoke to mom and gave her the news about the cancelation she was
upset too because she had the money already and had plans, but it never
happened.
this is the second time this happens at the school, why does it have to be
this way.
mom also said "you will get another opportunity to study abroad in the
future or when you settle in with a good job," but I don't think so because
it is not the same as doing it while in college and still young.
this is why I want to start now because then I will outgrow the youth pretty
soon and then its no more fun because what if I ever get married and have
nice kids.
so, I really want to do things now since I am still in the prime years of
youth, meaning in college or grad school because you learn more easily.
Actually certain areas of your brain don't stop developing until age 25, so
that's why  I need to take advantage of as much learning experiences so that
when I  become older, it wouldn't be as difficult to retain things  at least
in my personal opinion.
once you get to a certain age, its hard to keep everything in your head
unless I am wrong.

anyway, I am sad by this unfortunate turn because that's the only
opportunity I have in college once in a lifetime.
"you can't fight against the current, even if you would like to."

thank you all very much.