[nabs-l] FreedomScientific announces Free DAISY player for PacMate

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Aug 12 02:19:43 UTC 2009

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Media Contact: Brad Davis
800-444-4443 or 727-803-8000
www.FreedomScientific.com
Sales: info at FreedomScientific.com
Freedom Scientific Announces FREE DAISY Book Reader
(St. Petersburg, Florida - August 10, 2009) - Freedom Scientific today
announced that it is now providing FSReader, its popular DAISY book reader,
free to users of its PAC MateT and PAC Mate OmniT accessible Pocket PCs.
"Because we feel very strongly about the importance of making books and
other materials accessible to those with vision impairments, we are lowering
the price of FSReader to zero," said Jonathan Mosen, Vice President of
Hardware Product Management for Freedom Scientific. "FSReader is a powerful
tool for efficiently navigating and reading professional, educational, and
leisure material in DAISY format, and we want to make this enhanced
productivity available to every PAC Mate user."
FSReader for the PAC Mate and PAC Mate Omni can be downloaded free from the
Freedom Scientific Web site.
In addition, users who install Freedom Scientific's JAWS 11 and MAGic 12
products later this Fall, will be pleased to discover that both products
include the full desktop version of FSReader DAISY player. This will be the
case with Demo versions of JAWS and MAGic as well.
About Freedom Scientific
Freedom Scientific is the leading worldwide provider of assistive technology
products for those with vision impairments. The Company sells its products
worldwide and has offices in Florida, Germany, and Switzerland. The
Company's products have been translated into 24 languages and are available
in 55 countries. Freedom Scientific also has a line of software products for
those with learning disabilities.
Freedom ScientificR, JAWSR, MAGicR, PAC MateT, and PAC Mate OmniT are either
trademarks or registered trademarks in the United States and/or other
countries.