[nabs-l] Where Do Textooks Come From?

Elizabeth lizmohnke at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 22 03:51:40 UTC 2009

Hello List,

I have been working with my disabilities office to receive my textbooks in an alternative format, however this has proven to be a rather frustrating and unreliable process for obtaining my textbooks. Does anyone know of a way that I could somehow bypass the disabilities office to obtain my textbooks in an electronic format? I’ve already tried looking for them on bookshare, but I did not have any luck in finding them there. I know that RFBD is a great resource, but I’ve noticed that they don’t typically spell out words that might be important when taking tests or exams. Since I’ve never been really good at spelling, I would prefer to have access to an electronic file rather than recorded audio. Does anyone know how I could go about obtaining digital versions of my textbooks without going through my disabilities office?

Thanks,
Elizabeth