[nabs-l] Talking Scientific Calculator solutions

Kayleigh Joiner kayleigh281 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 22:36:36 UTC 2009

Hello NABS listers,
My name is Kayleigh and I am a high school senior in Texas. I have had a little bit of experience with a calculator called the Orion TI-83. Here is a link that compares this calculator along with several other talking scientific calculators so that you can see which one will work best for you. The one that I am referring to is in the second table.
http://www.tsbvi.edu/math/talk-sci-calc.htm

That calculator will only speak the scientific part of it. In order to deal with the graphing part of math you can download a product called the Accessible Graphing Calculator (AGC). This is a piece of software that you use on a computer. You can download it for a 30 day trial and if you like it you can then purchase a liscense for it. Here is that link:
http://www.tsbvi.edu/math/talk-sci-calc.htm

This information is from a teacher that is certified in teaching math and blind/visually impaired students.

If you have any other questions about other school subjects feel free to email me off list at: kayleigh281 at yahoo.com
I hope that this information helps.

Sincerely,
Kayleigh