[nabs-l] volunteering and missions

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 24 01:11:56 UTC 2009

wrapping presents is always a fun challange.  it always seemed like to
me that   it just took a little creativity and  you  would be fine.
That's the case with  sighted folks as well, I imagine.
  As for  tools and such, I remember  visiting with one of the
industrial arts instructors at the colorado center for the blind;
getting  some hands on time was something  that I was lucky enough to
be able to do there.  However, I was very fortunate to have been
stationed 15 minutes from the center while I was in training.    I
personally am not sure if  I would have gotten the same information
about alternitive  techniques and their application to tool usage had
I not been there in person, but  then again, I am  the type of person
that learns better  in a hands on situation.
  Still,  there is no harm ask as you  have  here.
  Best,
  Darian

--
The National Federation of the Blind has launched a nationwide teacher
recruitment campaign to help attract energetic and passionate

"And if you will join me in this improbable quest, if you feel destiny
calling, and see as I see, a future of endless possibility stretching
before us;
if you sense, as I sense, that the time is now to shake off our
slumber, and slough off our fear, and make good on the debt we owe
past and future generations,
then I'm ready to take up the cause, and march with you, and work with
you. Together, starting today, let us finish the work that needs to be
done, and
usher in a new birth of freedom on this Earth."- Baraq Obama