[nabs-l] Accessible textbook legislation

Robert Spangler spangler.robert at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 16:55:10 UTC 2009

That is similar to the process that occurs here in that I buy the books
and take them to the office.  I am able to do this a month in advance so
they usually have the books ordered from the publishers but I still
shouldn't have to pay that retail price for a book when I'm getting it
electronically.  Electronic books should be cheaper.  Often, however,
the publishers don't respond in a timely fassion and they mess up.  So
yes there needs to be better legislation.  If they have to chop up my
book, either because they don't have it in their database or the
publisher isn't cooperating, they do not rebind it and I am unable to
return it.  I am still waiting for my Spanish textbook and the contact I
was given at the publisher is not answering or getting back with me.

Robby