[nabs-l] Readers and Testing

Serena serenacucco at verizon.net
Tue Feb 3 22:33:24 UTC 2009

I'd try writing to the prof. about the situation.  I think it's harder for
us to find Math readers than other subjects.  (I never took Math in college,
but one of my friends did and was lucky enough to have a reader who happened
to be one of his friends.)  Although the student could've asked for a reader
among his/her classmates, that might not be as good for Math cuz the
students in the class may or may not be good enough at Math to be a good
reader.  It doesn't seem fair for the blind student in question to take the
exam without properly studying, especially cuz it seems not to be the
student's fault.  It seems to me the student couldn't really study for the
exam without the reader.

Serena