[nabs-l] Video Description

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Sun Feb 8 11:23:47 UTC 2009

I do not know which signals they're using where you live, but around
here all of the new ones have little noises at each pole to help you
locate the thing (dumb), and are only as loud as they need to be to
be heard over the traffic at the current intersection.  Each pole
makes the noise if activated, rather than having one pole make the
noise for all corners at once.

It is possible to activate the walk light without activating the
chirper as well.  I just hit the button and walk like any sighted
person would (just paying more attention than most of them do.)

Joseph