[nabs-l] Free screen-readers

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue Feb 10 16:39:56 UTC 2009

Hi.

You asked about SEROTEK's screen reader. You are only elegible for Keys
for K-12 if you're still in the K-12 system. If you are, you'll want to
contact SEROTEK directly by calling them. There number should be on the
web site. Their site is under construction so that's why you haven't
found the link. They recently overhauled their site.

If you are not in the K-12 system, you can still access System Access
to Go by pointing your browser to http://www.satogo.com. You may want
to think about getting a full license of System Access for yourself as
certain license plans will let you have the System Access screen
reader, the Mobile Network, and the portable U3 key. I have such a
license and it costs me $24.95 a month for a full buy-out. As you know,
SEROTEK no longer holds SMA's, so after my buy-out contract ends, I
need not pay for new screen reader updates but will pay $129 a year for
my mobile network subscription which includes a whole host of content
including movies, radio streams, social networking capability, forums,
chats, weather information, news feeds, and more. JAWS, Hal, and
Window-Eyes users can sign up for a SAMNET account which gets you the
content without the screen reader. Just call SEROTEK and see what they
can do for you. Oh, by the way, tell them Jedi sent you.

I've been a SEROTEK user for a year and love it. I highly recommend it.
The customer service is fantastic, the tech support amazing and prompt,
and the service itself is easy to use and completely portable depending
on how you arrange your service plan. SEROTEK is also selling a range
of portable computing solutions including netbooks at a reasonable
price. I highly recommend you stop by SEROTEK at http://www.serotek.com
or give them a call (their number's on their site). And remember, tell
'm Jedi sent you!

--
REspectfully,
Jedi