[nabs-l] Test Again 4-15

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 00:03:04 UTC 2009

Dave,

The reason for that is because Gmail "Sent Messages" have the same
message ID as the message sent through the server.  It sees the
message coming through the server as a duplicate, and therefore
ignores it.

The way to avoid this is to never let Gmail see the message until it
comes from the list.  Use your own mail program and don't use the
Gmail SMTP server to send.  I have a second Gmail account I use for
sending mail only to avoid this problem, however it has its
limitations.  Namely, Gmail adds this "Sender" header field to
messages that plays havoc with some mail software.  (Sun's Messenger
Express and Dan Bernstein's ezmlm come to mind..)

Unfortunately, I have yet to find a good alternative to Gmail for a
SMTP server I can use from anywhere.

Sorry if that's a nerdier explanation than anybody wanted.

Joseph