[nabs-l] O/T The Nutty Pot

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 06:56:03 UTC 2009

Hello all,

This has absolutely nothing to do with blindness.  If you're mad, delete and
move on.  It does, however, have everything to do with college students who
may fall ill with the common cold and may want something to help when mamma
isn't around to exercise those time-tested remedies.  Why, I believe even
Mike Freeman may appreciate the vintage nature of this exercise.

What I am about to convey to you is nothing short of absolutely friggin'
gross, but having tried it just last week, I promise you it works.

It's called the Nutty Pot, though I believe its real name is the neti pot.
Either way you say it, I thought it sounded like some toy Harry Potter and
his click must have conjured up.  Regardless, at its most basic, it is a
little kettle you fill up with warm water.  You drop a bag of herbs into the
water much like preparing tea.  Tilt your head sideways, and after inserting
the little spout into one of your nostrils, allow the substance to wash down
your nasal passage.  The substance will roll around behind your face, which
will no doubt bear the silliest of expressions, and damned if the substance
comes trickling out of your other nostril.  If you do it right, it will be a
steady trickle.  You breathe through your mouth, and I am of the opinion
that no matter how well you do it, a drop or two will find their way down
your throat.  Of course it tastes nasty, but then again, if you've made it
that far, there is nothing exactly prim and proper about medicated water in
one way and watery mucus out the other.

So there you have it.  Laugh now, but when your sinuses are full of junk,
I'll let you choose whether you want to be the pot or the kettle.

Amused,

Joe Orozco

"Be ashamed to die until you have won some victory for humanity."--James M.
Barrie