[nabs-l] How you read, Braille or voice

Nicole B. Torcolini ntorcolini at wavecable.com
Fri Feb 20 06:51:22 UTC 2009

    Reading and writing is definitely a skill that is needed. Once you know
it, then you can usually choose between Braille or speech, unless only one
or the other is available. We all have different preferences. For example, I
prefer to read email and write code on the computer with JAWS. However,
whenever proof reading something, I certainly prefer Braille; even with the
punctuation settings turned up on JAWS, it is hard, if not impossible, to
catch everything that you can and hopefully would catch with Braille. Ever
read/heard the spell checker poem?

Nicole