[nabs-l] Virginia Association of Blind Students

Albert Yoo albertyoo1 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 22:03:42 UTC 2009

Corb, how was the conference call on Monday? Were there any plans discussed? Did you even get to have a conference call? Did any one even call in? Albert> From: corbbo at gmail.com> To: nabs-l at nfbnet.org> Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2008 17:16:46 -0500> Subject: [nabs-l] Virginia Association of Blind Students> > Hello students!> > I am posting this message on the National list as well, for I'm not > sure how many students are on the Virginia list. I'm looking to get > the Virginia division rolling again, and would love your help. If you > attend school in Virginia or the metro-DC area, I'm happy to have you! > Please see below for the message I sent the VABS list, and if you're > interested, please join that list at www.nfbnet.org> > Many thanks and Happy New Year.> Corbb> > -----> Corbb O'Connor> The George Washington University '10> B.A. Political Communication & Economics> > Begin forwarded message:> > From: Corbb O'Connor <corbbo at gmail.com>> Date: December 31, 2008 5:14:29 PM EST> To: vabs at nfbnet.org> Subject: From your President.> > Happy New Year Virginians!> > Corbb O'Connor here, President of the Virginia Association of Blind > Students. For those who weren't aware, I spent this past semester > abroad at the National University of Ireland, Galway, as was therefore > unable to make it to our state convention. (You see, I told Dr. > Schroeder that I would happily return if he paid my airfare -- I was > told that was not in the budget!) I left you, though, in the very > capable hands of Jessica Kostiw, and I'm glad to hear that she does > not disappoint!> > It's time for us to start moving again as a division. I have had a > great difficulty in reaching our current VABS Board this past year, so > I am hoping that you can all help me.> > I would love to hear your ideas of what we can do this year. But more > importantly, I want your help making those ideas a reality. One of the > first things that I want to focus on is crafting a constitution for > our division. This will involve a lot of discussion, some writing, and > thinking about our division's future.> > To facilitate this, I propose that we hold a conference call either > next Sunday, Jan. 4 or Monday, Jan. 5 at 10pm ET. I have used a > service before at Freeconference.com where you will need to dial a > phone number, enter an access code, and join the conversation. That > phone number is a long-distance number, but my hope is that by holding > this meeting in the evening, we can exploit free long distance minutes > on cell phones!> > In order to give an accurate count of the participants to the > teleconference company, please reply to me with your availability > (either Sunday or Monday) and your e-mail address.> > Best wishes for 2009, and I look forward to working together.> Corbb O'Connor> > -----> Corbb O'Connor> The George Washington University '10> B.A. Political Communication & Economics> > > > _______________________________________________> nabs-l mailing list> nabs-l at nfbnet.org> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nabs-l:> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/albertyoo1%40hotmail.com