[nabs-l] Rehashing an old yet interesting topic

Bruce Sexton bjsexton at comcast.net
Mon Jan 12 21:34:14 UTC 2009

Dear NABS,

In this message Chris Kuell wrote "I'm guessing the audience will largely
consist of impressionable teenagers who will soak up the inaccurate
portrayal of blindness and leave it to fester in their subconscious."

I thought that this might also be the case.  However, when we were
protesting the movie, there were teens who came out from watching the movie
who were just as disgusted as the rest of society.  They told us that that
is not how they see blind people whatsoever.  Others who were entering the
theater said, "oh I wasn't going to watch that any way," or "the movie had
bad reviews so we were going to watch something better."  It's good to know
that our "impressionable teens" have some sense, at least at the movie
theater we protested.

Most of the folks who watched the movie "blindness"  seemed to be 30 and up.
a large portion of whom disliked the movie.  Some even trickled out early
they were so appalled.  It's no wonder that the movie lost money.

-B.J.