[nabs-l] FW: Interesting QA Testing opportunity in DC

Albert Yoo albertyoo1 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:56:33 UTC 2009

What is the pcvs tracker program that is mentioned in this job overview? Albert How does the program work?> Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 19:54:29 -0600> To: david.andrews at nfbnet.org> From: CDanielsen at nfb.org> Subject: [nabs-l] FW: Interesting QA Testing opportunity in DC> > Dave,> > I received the below inquiry from someone in my > network on LinkedIn. Feel free to post it to any appropriate lists.> > Thanks,> > Chris> > Christopher S. Danielsen> Director of Public Relations> National Federation of the Blind> > > > ----------> From: Mike Boyles [mailto:mboyle at conv.com]> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:13 PM> To: Danielsen, Chris> Subject: RE: Interesting QA Testing opportunity in DC> Importance: High> > Chris,> > > > Here are the details I have for the position:> > > > This is a permanent role and the target salary is $50-$75k> > > > Software Test Engineer> > Washington, DC> > > > Overview:> > We have an opening for an experienced Software > Test Engineer who will be responsible for > back-end, front-end, regression, integration, > boundary, load, and system testing of highly > complex Web-based systems using both exploratory > testing methods and automated scripts. The > successful candidate will also be responsible for > reading requirements and design documents, > developing test cases and supporting materials, > executing tests based on these materials, and reporting results.> > Responsibilities:> * Thoroughly tests and regression tests > software applications under both maintenance and new development projects> * Writes test plans and scripts for tracking requirements and defects> * Writes automated testing scripts using WinRunner & QTP> * Participates in the Internal Change Control > Board meetings, test strategy sessions, and peer reviews of test cases> * Works directly with analysts and developers > to investigate software defects and accurately > and clearly reports those defects in PVCS Tracker> > Qualifications:> * Bachelor's Degree> * Six years direct experience with both > structured and exploratory testing methodologies in a web environment> * Strong knowledge of SQL and experience with > relational databases are a must> * Direct hands-on experience with ad hoc > query programs, automated testing tools, and reporting software> * Knowledge of software development processes> * Proven data analysis, data verification, and problem-solving abilities> * Proven ability in defect and test reporting> * Excellent understanding of the organizations goals and objectives> * Excellent written and oral communication skills> * Ability to work under tight deadlines> * Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously> * Certificate in Quality Assurance or Software Testing a plus> * Experience in Quality Assurance > methodologies and processes (CMMI) a plus> > > > Best Regards,> > > > > > Michael Boyles> > Resource Manager> CONVERGENZ> > 8260 Greensboro Dr suite 575> > Mclean, VA 22102> > 703-663-2451> > LinkedIn Profile: > <http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeboyles>http://www.linkedin.com/in/mikeboyles> > Email: <mailto:mboyles at conv.com>mboyles at conv.com> > > > www.conv.com> > Inc. 500> > Convergenz, LLC, Once Again Made The Inc. 500!> > 2007, 2006 & 2005 Ranked in the Top 500 privately held firms in the U.S.> > DISCLAIMER: This e-mail is intended solely for > use of the individual or entity to which it is > addressed and may contain information that is > proprietary, privileged and exempt from > disclosure under applicable law. If the reader is > not the intended recipient or agent responsible > for delivering the message to the intended > recipient, you are hereby notified that any > dissemination, distribution or copying of this > communication is strictly prohibited. If you > have received this communication in error, please > notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy the > e-mail message and any physical copies made of the communication. Thank you.> > > > > > > > > > > > ----------> From: messages-noreply at bounce.linkedin.com > [mailto:messages-noreply at bounce.linkedin.com] On Behalf Of Chris Danielsen> Sent: Monday, January 12, 2009 12:04 PM> To: Mike Boyles> Subject: RE: Interesting QA Testing opportunity in DC> > > > > LinkedIn> > Chris Danielsen has sent you a message.> > Date: 1/12/2009> > Subject: RE: Interesting QA Testing opportunity in DC> > Hi Mike,> > Can you tell me a little more about what is being > tested? It might give me a better idea of who > might be qualified. I understand if this > information is not available but it would definitely help.> > Chris> > > On 01/12/09 7:41 AM, Mike Boyles wrote:> --------------------> Chris,> > I was wondering if you would be able to assist me > in locating a QA Tester that is visually impaired > for a role supporting the FCC in DC. This > position will be very unique and a key role > within an excellent initiative the FCC is working > on. Please let me know if you would happen to > know someone that would be a good fit for this > type of role and any help will be greatly > appreciated. If I may be of any service to you, I > will gladly offer my assistance.> > Thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to your response.> > Best Regards,> Mike> > <http://www.linkedin.com/e/AkomcC2lIa2jAx7dZFomgopXoHT/mbi/935060225_2/>View/reply > to this message> > Don't want to receive e-mail notifications? > <http://www.linkedin.com/e/AkomcC2lIa2jAx7dZFomgopXoHT/blk/935060225_2/s6hJbOYWrSlI/mdp/>Adjust > your message settings.> > © 2008, LinkedIn Corporation> > > > No virus found in this incoming message.> Checked by AVG - http://www.avg.com> Version: 8.0.176 / Virus Database: 270.10.6/1888 > - Release Date: 1/12/2009 7:04 AM> > > _______________________________________________> nabs-l mailing list> nabs-l at nfbnet.org> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/nabs-l_nfbnet.org> To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for nabs-l:> http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/albertyoo1%40hotmail.com