[nabs-l] Studying to be a Teacher of the Visually Impaired

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Sun Jan 18 23:47:46 UTC 2009

Hmmm. I'd recommend at least a Bachelor's in Special Ed at the very
least. If you can shake it, I'd also recommend getting a Master's in
Special Ed. Afterward, I'd highly recommend getting your TVI training
at Louisiana Tech through their TBS/O&M program. The generalized
Special Ed programs are always a good idea because some of your
students will have multiple disabilities, and you'll want to know the
current philosophies on disability that your colleagues will operate
under. That way, you'll have an idea of what to expect in your
colleagues for good or ill. You'll also know what laws affect your
practice, especially in the way of writing IEPs and the like.

--
REspectfully,
Jedi