[nabs-l] NLS Flash Book Program

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 03:20:02 UTC 2009

Well, dealram lists:

4 GB for $9
8 GB for $17
16 GB for $30

All are Transcend-branded Class 6 SDHC cards from DMS Certified Memory.
This company does not advertise any 32 GB cards on dealram, but Newegg
does.

Checking dealram for Kingston memory from Newegg lists these prices:

16 GB for $36
32 GB for $142

Of course, dealram lists PNY and generic cards for less (generic for only
$106), but I am disinclined to buy a cheap knockoff 32 GB memory card,
given that flash memory has a limited lifespan that is proportional to the
quality of the memory put into it.  Transcend and Kingston are known
quantities, as are SanDisk, PNY, Crucial, and others.  Generic could mean
some China-produced fake like "Delkin" (note, not Belkin, although I don't
tend to associate the latter with the highest quality product either..)

Right now, 16 GB SDHC is where it's at, pricewise, if buying online.

Joseph