[nabs-l] Studying to be a Teacher of the Visually Impaired

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 19:21:39 UTC 2009

Jess,

No blind person will ever earn a teaching license at this program as it
exists today.  That I can just about promise you.  That includes me,
despite getting past the ability barrier.  The decision's been made,
meetings have been held, knowledge of what's happening has touched the
highest levels of the university, and those levels are cooperating in that
decision.

They've done it before, to other people who are blind and visually impaired
and they will do it again most likely because I couldn't stop them.  It
takes substantial financial resources to stop them, and I don't have them.
It costs more than tuition does.

There were some who were supposed to be trying to help, but I never heard
word one from them, and now it looks to be too late.

Joseph