[nabs-l] Accessible Math Resources

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 05:07:39 UTC 2009

Hello NABS listers,

The NABS board is in the midst of planning the agenda for our exciting
midwinter meeting at Washington Seminar on Sunday, Feb. 8. As is our
tradition we will be holding several breakout sessions including one
devoted to answering questions about "tough classes" including math
and science, art, and recreation. I have been assigned to help
coordinate this breakout meeting and since many of us have had
questions and concerns about math accessibility, I'd like to have
someone available during the session to provide information about math
access software (such as LATX) and resources for obtaining Braille
math and science texts.

Is anyone who is going to Washington Seminar this year knowledgeable
about these issues and willing to help run this breakout group? If so,
please write me *Off-list* at
arielle71 at gmail.com
Thank you  in advance for your help!

Arielle Silverman