[nabs-l] Apply to Mentor at the NOPBC 2009 Conference

Carrie Gilmer carrie.gilmer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 22:36:16 UTC 2009

Hey All You Bright and Wonderful Students!

I am seeking mentors for various activities meant to empower blind kids at
our annual conference at convention. There is often nothing more powerful
for them than to spend a bit of time being encouraged by a young adult who
they can identify with; who they can hope to be like.

Please reply off-list if you would like to apply to mentor at one of the
following;

Friday July 3rd, 10;30-noon Braille Carnival (must have excellent Braille
skills)

Friday afternoon 2-5 p.m. Those interested and having experience in art,
tactile graphics, or teaching/mentoring these before

Saturday July 4th, 8 a.m. to noon  Cane Walk (must have excellent cane
travel skills)

Saturday afternoon 2-5 pm. Those interested in physical fitness.

Sunday July 5th afternoon-apply to be a speaker , topic, "Growing Up Blind"
at our Annual Division meeting, 20 minutes between 1 and 5 pm if you have a
great story and powerful delivery. Send an outline or draft essay of just
highlights to me at: Carrie.gilmer at gmail.com by Feb. 15th, 2009.

Make a Difference in the life of a blind kid!

Sincerely,

Carrie Gilmer, President

A Division of the National Federation of the Blind

NFB National Center: 410-659-9314

Home Phone: 763-784-8590

carrie.gilmer at gmail.com

www.nfb.org/nopbc