[nabs-l] Recording Lectures... Not allowed?

Corbb O'Connor corbbo at gmail.com
Fri Jan 23 06:58:23 UTC 2009

I'm no expert on the legal side of this. But what I've found works
well is to tell the professor about how you need to ascertain
information in different ways than other students. With these
alternative techniques, you have access to the same information as
your sighted classmates. Then assure the professor that you won't use
the taped lectures in any way except for yourself--to learn. If you
encounter resistance, you should follow the bureaucracy--in some
schools that means going to Student Services and letting their
Director make the contact, or by going to the director of the
department in which the professor teaches.

Best of luck, and keep us posted.
Corbb

-----
Corbb O'Connor
The George Washington University '10
B.A. Political Communication & Economics