[nabs-l] Fire Vox for accessibility to Firefox on the Mac

Rob Lambert rmlambert1987 at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 23 09:28:52 UTC 2009

I have recently installed the FireVox plug in for Firefox on my Mac. I'm using it in conjunction with VoiceOver and the System Zoom. It's interesting because it's not necessarily a plug in for VoiceOver, which can make things a little tricky. Activating it is definitely something that requires sited assistance. Once you get it running, and select your voice, then you must learn your way around the browser. Forget using the VoiceOver cursor though, as it basically leaves you stranded at the top of the browser where the title bar, close minimize maximize, and menu buttons are. Has anyone else tried it? If so what do you think? This is certainly different from anything I've ever seen before.