[nabs-l] Nabs Mixer and Open Mike Night at Washington Seminar

Janice Jeang snowball07 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:41:38 UTC 2009

Hello Fellow nabsters,

Washington Seminar is drawing near. I hope to get a chance to meet you all at this wonderful event. Washington Seminar is  where the blind get to go to our Nation's Capital, and represent the issues that are important to us. Lobbying on behalf of our membership, is one of my personal favorite ways to contribute to the organized blind movement. I sincerely believe that everybody should have a chance to have this experience. SO let this be a fair warning to all. If I don't see you this year, I hope to see you in the near future!
The National Association of Blind Students will be hosting a mixer on Monday night. For those of you attending we would love to have you come, for those who are not... better luck next year, we will miss you! This wonderful event will be in addition to our scintillating business meeting held on Sunday morning. We are quite excited to provide some time for students and the young at heart, to mix, mingle and just get to know one another in a relaxed environment.
For those of you who are interested in an alternative to the 21st, there will be refreshments provided by a cash bar. For those of you who are not interested, there will be an open mike running all night, as well as music for request, dancing, perhaps a couple of competitions... limbo anybody? All are welcome to participate. If you buy tickets ahead of time they will be at a discounted rate of $3, and tickets will be $5 at the door.
Yours truly, and the other members of the NABS board will bite the bullet, and we will be the first ones to perform at the open mike event. As a sneak peek, songs such as those by sir mix a Lot, Madonna, and Christina Aguilera can be expected, just to name a few. If you have any songs you would like to perform, please email me the artist's name and the song name, so we can be sure to have the track ready for you. we will be creating a karaoke database with the requests. If you do not request a song via email, then I have to say that we will have a wide collection of songs available, however we do not guarantee that we will have the karaoke track. Sing-a-longs are fine, but aren't karaoke's that much better? My email address can be located at the bottom of this email. Again, please provide artist name and song title so we can try to locate the appropriate track. if you already have the karaoke track to your song, that is amazing! Please email that to me at the below address.  I am looking forward to everybody's responses! See you guys in Washington and at the NABS meeting on Sunday and mixer on Monday. Please support your fellow students.

Kindest Regards,

Janice Jeang

Email- janice.jeang at gmail.com