[nabs-l] Choosing a Foreign Language

Marissa Slaughter riss287 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 18 03:26:43 UTC 2009

Elizabeth,

What career path are you thinking about? And what is your major? I took Spanish in high school and college, but I may end up having to learn German because part of what I am focusing on in my field has to do with Germany, and having at least a little knowledge of the language would be a great help. Originally, I chose Spanish because of its relevance in today's society. I would advise you to take a language that will have some sort of practical use in your life and career. I know there are many languages offered that you might want to learn, but since you're paying for the classes, I would take something for which you can find a use. There's always time to learn a language for fun later, if you'd like.

Anyway, that's how I would go about deciding. The choice is completely up to you.

Good luck!

Marissa