[nabs-l] Choosing a Foreign Language

Adrianne Dempsey adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 15:55:59 UTC 2009

If I were you, I would think about what career you're pursuing and the
location in which you plan on living.  Think about what languages you hear
most around that area and what languages people in your work place speak. If
you want to visit a certain country or host an exchange student that is
another way to pick a language.  And yet another thing to think about is
your ancestors, and if you have any interest in that culture.  The first is
mainly what I would think about, but it is a preference, and these are all
reasons I have herd.  Also you may want to attempt a few words in each
language your debating between and see how well you say them.  Also take a
look at the grammar and find the one that is least likely to confuse you,
unless you like challenges.  Also their is that option of learning more than
one.  I wish you luck and enjoy what ever language you choose to learn.
Languages are fun and so very useful.