[nabs-l] NABS Leadership Update

Amy Sabo amylsabo at comcast.net
Fri Jul 24 22:02:00 UTC 2009

hello arielle and all,

first of all i want to give a huge congratulations to the new nabs board and i look forward to working with you all! i too was present at the nabs meeting and also participated in some of the election process since at the end of the meeting i had to leave because of my knee condition getting very bad!

i feel that the nabs meeting was one of the best i ever went to this year at national convention. we learned a lot from the past nabs presidents and also i have used some of what they discussed in my life as a leader with the ndfb and other organizations i have been a leader of. the election process imo was unique but, i klikked the idea of having voting cards. it was very democractic and it solved some of the problems with the voting process. i do believe that we first need to do the voice vote and this card idea was faster with the counters besides using our hands so the counters knew that the ppeople who were voting were paying members of the organization.

so, that's my food for thought on this topic. again, sorry for the late notice and i look forward to new and eexciting things for nabs in the future and, i would like to assist and help in anyway i can. so, take care all and let's contiune to change what it means to be a blind student in the usa!

hugs to all,
from amy