[nabs-l] Minilab... The never-ending battle

Jess jessica.trask.reagan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:55:21 UTC 2009

Clinton,
Are your professors posting their items online? If this is the case then
have you tried talking to them and telling them the myitlab software isn't
accessible for someone is totally blind students. If you tell them that they
may be willing to accommodate you with the items through email or in print
so that you can scan them in the computer. Telina, doesn't have any other
ideas on needs to be done? I only say that because the first year I was
attending SLCC she was doing the technology stuff pretty much. Like I said
earlier I might be a good idea to contact both tech support for both FS and
GW Micro because they may be willing to work with you and the publisher to
make it accessible for future blind students. Because I have a feeling that
it's something  a problem with something in the programming language in JAWS
and I Window Eyes. Have you tried downloading a thirty day demo of System
Access to see if you run into the same problem using SA that you are having
with both JFW and Window Eyes?
Jessica