[nabs-l] Air Canada challenges deaf, blind man's right to travel alone; Burnaby

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Tue Jun 9 18:09:32 UTC 2009

You know, I've noticed something. In the US, the airlines seem to think
they can get away with stuff that we'd never dream of letting other
industries get away with. I think that's probably because in a lot of
ways a different set of rules applies to them. I understand to an
extent, safety and security are important and so certain rules have to
be observed. But it seems the airlines can get away with a lot of crap
that has nothing to do with safety or security, but they site one or the
other as their reason for what ever it is they're wanting to do. As far
as I'm concerned, this is yet another example of that. As far as I know,
 the person or persons that made this determination had no
qualifications what so ever to make such a determination. But that's the
thing. Any airline official can claim something is a safety or security
issue, and it's taken to be fact, at least in the short term. Even if
it's a ticket agent or someone like that who wouldn't have any real idea
what would be such an issue.
Joe