[nabs-l] Comparing Braille Embossers

David Bouchard davidb521 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 01:30:15 UTC 2009

Hi,
I actually have an Index Braille embosser, and they are slightly temperamental. It is not a tractor-feed embosser, meaning that you place individual sheets of paper into a tray. Sometimes you need to be careful with the machine pulling in more than one sheet of paper, but I believe the hardware has improved in the past 8 years. The embosser is quick, but relatively noisy, especially when you stand next to it. However, you  can get a rather expensive sound cabinet. You can email me off-list if you have more questions about it, although keep in mind that I am not an embosser expert by any means.
Hope this helps,
David