[nabs-l] Ignorance vs. Prejudice

Jedi loneblindjedi at samobile.net
Tue Jun 16 18:16:59 UTC 2009

Listers:

I think there are just some people out there who get that different
doesn't mean deficit regardless of the difference we're talking about.
There are, for example, some men who really understand that women
aren't so fundamentally different from them. There are White people who
get it that ethnic differences among themselves and between themselves
and other races doesn't automatically spell deficient. If anything,
these are differences to be shared and cellebrated while discovering
our common ground. And yes, that goes for blindness, too.

I have a few sighted friends who just naturally get it, and many more
who just plain don't. there's no real way to predict who will get it
and who won't, but I'm always fascinated to discover who gets it and
who doesn't.

Respectfully,
Jedi