[nabs-l] Schools for the Blind vs. Public School Education

Nathan Clark troubleclark at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 21:51:16 UTC 2009

You are absoluetly correct and what I should have said was now that
blind students have choices whether to go to a public school or a
school for the blind, the blind schools that I am knowledgeable about
tend to have predonimately students with multiple disabilities. With
multiple disabilities, it can distract from the education of others in
the classroom.

I know that when I lost my vision at the age of 9, the Department of
Education in the state in which I live suggested that my parents NOT
send me to the school for the blind because of the severity of
disabilities of students there.

The list of blind school graduates you have sent below are obviously
successful people who are very intelligent and succeeded when the laws
weren't necessarily on their side as much as they are today.

Hope that clears up my comment

Nathan