[nabs-l] Prejudice, ignorance, and sighted domination

Len Burns len at gatamundo.com
Fri Jun 19 08:21:43 UTC 2009

Arielle

I do not like the below either, but unfortunately it does have some
basis in fact.  While I have little doubt of your competence, blind
people in this culture are not expected to develop the same competences
as their sighted peers.  For this reason, the additional concern about a
blind persons ability to perfunction an activity is not always
unwarranted.  We are not expected to be competent, and simultaneously
blamed because we are not.

-Len