[nabs-l] Research Paper Help

Teal Blooworth tealbloodworth at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 04:57:22 UTC 2009

Hi Ginnie

well for me going to a very small private catholic college at the beginning
of my first semester student support services had a peer mentor help me to
class before my O/M started but i would have them walk with me rather than
lead me sighted guide. Then second semester i just had friends walk with me
most of the time so that i could be comfortable with my routes.

Also my school provided tutors, note-takers, held my mail in the mailroom
rather than a code key locker, when i went to the cafeteria at the door they
would take my card then ask me what i wanted, get it and help me to a seat.
Also i had a scribe for every test, teachers would email me syllabi or
handouts/worksheets. They were very accomodating and helpful of course it
was under 700 people total and under 500 people who lived on campus.

        -Teal----- Original Message -----