[nabs-l] international roaming and your Cell Phones atConvention

Antonio Guimaraes aguimaraes at nbp.org
Fri Jun 26 15:28:54 UTC 2009

Hello Liz,

Interesting that a t and t told you this information. I hope they are
correct, and that satellites can distinguish and charge correctly even
though you may literally be less than a mile away from foreign lands.

It sounds to me that one may be able to pick up a satellite signal, and
still incur roaming charges.

A T and t may re right about what they told you, but I would still cancel
any chances of a hefty charge for using the cell phone.

They tell me this would cost $.79 without an international plan, and still
$.59 with a plan.

Since it cost you nothing to block roaming charges on your plan, I still
think it is an advantage.

The alternative is that the one representative was mistaken in talking with
you, and you attend convention with a big expensive surprise in the end.

Antonio M. Guimaraes Jr.