[nabs-l] Grant Opportunity

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat Mar 14 00:36:53 UTC 2009

I hope a representative from every state student division will submit a
proposal for this program.  If I look at the final list of applicants and
see one of you missing, I'll call you out on it publically for being lazy.
If you have questions about the program, call or write to me.

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado

Youth Service America's (YSA), YSA's National Youth Council (NYC) and State
Farm Companies Foundation are excited to offer Dollars for Change Grants, as
part of YSA's Global Youth Service Grants.  YSA's NYC will select the
grantees: youth ages 12-25 who will collaborate with a teacher or
service-learning coordinator.

The awards are up to $2,000, and will support high-impact, semester-long
service-learning projects. The selected youth-led projects will engage a
minimum of 100 young people in service, demonstrate Youth Voice and youth
leadership in all aspects of the decision-making process, and address
compelling issues across the United States and the Canadian provinces of
Alberta, Ontario, and New Brunswick. Upon successful completion of projects
and evaluations, grantees will become eligible to compete for the
prestigious Harris Wofford Youth Award in 2010, and be recognized as a YSA
Service Star.

To learn more, download an application and grant guidelines at
http://www.YSA.org/awards
Applications will be accepted through April 30, 2009.

database 3936 (20090313) __________

http://www.eset.com