[nabs-l] Ipod and itunes

Bill cassonw at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 05:55:08 UTC 2009

Hi all,

first, Amy says that iTunes does not support mp3 this is incorrect.  Also,
iTunes has made many improvements in accessibility in version 8 and i use
win-eyes 7 and the few glitches there seemed to be in version 8 orf iTunes
have been worked out in 8.1.   note that iTunes is still not accessible to
version 6 of wineyes due to its lack of scrypting ability.  I have heard and
it seems to be the opinion of those on the list who use it, that version 10
of jaws works well with iTunes.

As for iPods, the 4th generation iPod Nano has fully speaking menus and
track info.  Note there are some features and settings are not spoken.
iTunes is required for this to work.  it uses the default voice that is set
in windows or the default voice set for voiceover in macs.

Here is the link to the page on apples website pertaining to accessibility
for the iPod and iTunes.
http://www.apple.com/accessibility/itunes/vision.html

Hope this is helpful.  Feel free to email me if you would like more details
Bill